ONTARIO’S PREMIER life science PITCH COMPETITION
The Synapse Life Science Competition is designed to help move innovative life science products and services out of the lab and into the market, by pairing up life science innovators with business and entrepreneurship students.
Throughout the competition, life science innovators and their teams receive training and mentorship to develop commercialization plans for their innovative concepts. The three teams with the strongest commercialization plans then compete in a pitch showcase.
The showcase is the culmination of months of hard work and brings together investors, business leaders and the life science community. All teams have to opportunity to present posters for guests to engage with, and the top three finalists pitch live for the chance to win cash and in-kind resources!
- Receive a $5,000 grant to support the growth of your business
- Develop your commercialization plan and pitch
- Participate in business training workshops to help you bring your idea to market
- Work with Masters/Ph.D. students with expertise in biomedical, business and engineering
- Establish valuable connections within the life science community
- PLUS! Compete for a chance to win cash and in-kind prizes.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Early-stage companies, innovators, scientists or researchers with a life science product, service or idea
- A driven, coachable, and collaborative leadership founder/team
- Located in Southern Ontario