McMaster Manufacturing Research Institute (MMRI), a 15,000-sq.ft. facility, is focused on finding solutions to the challenges faced by today’s manufacturing industry and optimizing every facet of the machining process. Renowned faculty members from various disciplines combine their expertise to conduct applied research and educate both students and professionals. By facilitating multi-sector relationships, MMRI helps the manufacturing sector grow, stimulating our region’s industrial community, increasing economic activity, and creating great jobs in the sector. MMRI is a key member of the Advanced Manufacturing Consortium, Southern Ontario Network for Advanced Manufacturing Innovation (SONAMI), and Canada’s Advanced Manufacturing Supercluster.
MMRI is available to work with Innovation Factory clients who need support with advanced manufacturing challenges. MMRI’s services include:
- Customer manufacturing tool development
- Machinability of next generation materials
- Materials analysis
- Nano & micro impact testing
- Nano and micro scratch testing
- Nano mechanical testing
- Process parameter optimization
- PVD coating development and customization
- Swarf management
- Tool and material quality analysis
- Tool failure prevention
- Tool selection and development
Contact the team at Innovation Factory to be connected with McMaster University’s Manufacturing Research Institute.