Southern Ontario Pharmaceutical & Health Innovation Ecosystem (SOPHIE) Program
Apply now and leverage up to $100,000 in matching funds to work directly with an academic or hospital partner in the Hamilton, Ontario ecosystem. Businesses will receive advisory services, testing capabilities and financial support from experts in the healthcare field to acquire clinical/research expertise, evidence, or data to develop and commercialize health innovations, increase sales or secure a “first buyer”.
Southern Ontario Pharmaceutical & Health Innovation Ecosystem (SOPHIE) Program brings together Innovation Factory’s commercialization services with the Synapse Life Science Consortium’s strategic network to leverage access to Hamilton’s unique life sciences capabilities and research expertise. This funding will support collaborative projects for Ontario-based life science firms in the later stages of commercialization and in need of financing to secure technology validation and first sale.
SOPHIE Commercialization Project BENEFITS
- Access world-class researchers, clinicians and facilities
- Accelerate your product commercialization timelines
- Leverage up to $100,000 in *matching funding from FedDev Ontario (*1.25:1 match required)
Who Should Apply
- Incorporated, private life science companies based in Ontario
- Working on commercializing an innovative technology at TRL-6 (or above)
- Demonstrated commitment to commercializing innovation with a clear clinical application
SOPHIE Commercialization Projects operates under a rolling application intake and will be accepting applications through 2023.
Please review the SOPHIE Program Guide, linked below prior to starting your application.
Have a question? Contact us
Alex Muggah, Director
Synapse Life Science Consortium
905.667.2606 | [email protected]
SOPHIE Commercialization Project Partners