Southern Ontario Pharmaceutical & Health Innovation Ecosystem (SOPHIE) Program
Southern Ontario Pharmaceutical & Health Innovation Ecosystem (SOPHIE) Program brings together Innovation Factory’s commercialization services with Synapse Life Science Consortium’s network of experts in the life sciences field. Businesses will receive the advisory services, testing capabilities and financial support needed from experts in the healthcare field to develop and commercialize their specialized health innovations and scale up their companies.
Leverage up to $100,000 in matching funds to work directly with an academic or hospital partner in the Hamilton ecosystem. This funding will support collaborative projects for Ontario-based life science firms requiring clinical/research expertise, evidence, or data to commercialize their innovation, increase their sales or secure a “first buyer”. This funding will bridge access to Hamilton’s unique life sciences capabilities and research expertise with the needs of life sciences companies that are in the later stages of commercialization and in need of financing to secure technology validation and first sale.
SOPHIE CCommercialization Project BENEFITS
- Access world-class researchers, clinicians and facilities
- Accelerate your product commercialization timelines
- Leverage up to $100,000 in *matching funding from FedDev Ontario (*1.25:1 match required)
Who Should Apply
- Incorporated, private life science companies based in Ontario
- Working on commercializing an innovative technology at TRL-6 (or above)
- Demonstrated commitment to commercializing innovation with a clear clinical application
SOPHIE Commercialization Projects operates under a rolling application intake and will be accepting applications through 2023.
Please review the SOPHIE Program Guide, linked below prior to starting your application.
Have a question? Contact us
Alex Muggah, Director
Synapse Life Science Consortium
905.667.2606 | [email protected]
SOPHIE Commercialization Project Partners