Canadian Medtech Alliance
Accelerate the path to market for your medical device technology with the Canadian Medtech Alliance (CAMEDA). Apply and leverage up to $100,000 in matching funds to collaborate directly with a contract development and manufacturing organization to help build your manufacturing know-how and capacity in Canada. With CAMEDA, businesses gain access to mentorship and advisory services from experts to help you navigate, make informed decisions and establish your medical device manufacturing process.
The Canadian Medtech Alliance (CAMEDA) program brings together leading Ontario contract design and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs) with Innovation Factory’s commercialization services to catalyze medtech manufacturing in Canada. While also leveraging the Synapse Life Science Consortium’s strategic network, CAMEDA recipients have access to the unique life science capabilities and research expertise of the Hamilton ecosystem and beyond.
This funding will support collaborative projects for Ontario-based life science firms in the later stages of commercialization and in need of financing to advance regulatory approvals, conduct clinical trials, and undertake initial batch manufacturing.
Manufacturing project benefits
- Engage with top-tier contract development and manufacturing organizations
- Fast-track your medical device manufacturing processes
- Access up to $100,000 in matching funding from FedDev Ontario (1.5:1 match required)
Who should apply
- Canadian incorporated, private medical device companies with operations primarily based in Ontario
- Developing a medical device at TRL-7 (or above)
- Demonstrated commitment to manufacturing a medtech device
CAMEDA Manufacturing Projects operate under a rolling application intake and will be accepting applications until December 2023.
Have questions? Contact us
We would love to hear from you and explore how CAMEDA can help you bring your life science innovation to market.