Intellectual Property Resources
Intellectual property (IP) helps protect your innovation from competitors using something identical or similar to your solution, brand or product. Intellectual property rights and registrations also allow you to block competitive products and clear a technological path for future market share.
There are many important reasons to protect your company by registering your intellectual property. Intellectual property allows you to build value in your business as it is counted as an asset when determining the value of a company. It can also create new sources of revenue like the potential to license your goods or services out to third parties.
Though it may seem like a big investment, without necessary protection, you could end up spending a lot more money defending against someone else or even being forced to rebrand.
What intellectual property ownership and licensing should you consider for your business? Here’s how you can get started:
- Apply to become a client and talk to one of our Innovation Advisors from the Venture Growth team, or one of our legal partners for a free consultation
- Attend one of our upcoming workshops
- Check out the resources we have compiled for you
Ramp up your IP Knowledge
- Click here to read about the types of Intellectual Property are there in Canada
- Do you even have something you can protect? Click here to review this checklist to explore the types of intellectual property you could exploit.
- Join us at our next workshop about intellectual property! Email [email protected]
Build your IP Strategy
- Intellectual property is a critical business asset. You need a strategy to protect and leverage it. Click here to learn about how to start building your IP strategy.
- Are you thinking about Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks? Click here to explore them more here.
- What is the path to Register? Click here to explore example roadmaps from CIPO’s IP toolbox.
ready to hire an IP Professional?
- Click here to learn about a few considerations before hiring an IP professional service, including understanding costs and questions you might want to ask.
- Click here to explore the Canadian Intellectual Property Offices resources further.
- Do you need some help? Apply to become a client and gain access to our Legal Office Hours to tackle your IP-related questions with one of our valued Legal partners.