This article appeared on healthinnovation.mcmaster.ca by Charlotte Miller. To read the original post Click Here.
Members of the mentor team at The Clinic: Derek Thong, Susan Tandan, Alex Muggah and Prathiba Harsha
Several experts from academia and industry have been recruited to mentor residents at The Clinic. Each mentor comes with at least one area of expertise, a network to draw from, and an eagerness educate the next generation of health entrepreneurs. Mentors are introduced to resident teams via Clinic Coaches for advice on health innovation projects and milestones.
The Clinic’s mentors include:
- Ghulam Abbas, VP Product Development, RAEFA Technologies
- Sergio Aguirre, CEO, Epineuron
- Sacha Babic, Partner, Gowling WLG
- Michael Evelegh, President, MJE Medical Consulting
- Bassma Ghali, Chief Innovation Officer, Reliq Health Technologies
- Prathiba Harsha, Research Development and Innovation Officer, Hamilton Health Sciences
- Bruce Inwood, Senior Consultant, Foresight Science & Technology
- Gail Martin, Executive Director, The Research Institute of St. Joe’s Hamilton
- Samantha McCabe, Program Manager, Intellijoint Surgical Inc.
- Keith McGlone, VP, Prescientix
- Alex Muggah, Director, Synapse Life Science Consortium
- Katie Porter, Director of Research Administration, Hamilton Health Sciences
- Alex Ross, Counsel, Gowling WLG
- John Seman, CEO, Revitale Pharma
- Susan Tandan, Patent Agent, Gowling WLG
- Derek Thong, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Resident and Biodesign Innovation Fellow ’18 (Stanford), McMaster University
- Pam Vermeersch, Lawyer, Gowling WLG
- Milica Vukmirovic, Innovation and Commercialization Consultant, The Research Institute of St. Joe’s Hamilton
- Morgan Wyatt, CEO, Greenlid
For more information about The Clinic and its mentors, please visit the Michael G. DeGroote Health Innovation, Commercialization & Entrepreneurship website.
If you would like to join The Clinic’s mentor team please email Leigh Wilson.