Our calendar is home to Innovation Factory workshops and networking events as well as events from the community which help support our local entrepreneurs and businesses. If you have an event that may be a fit, please submit it and we will review it within five business days.
|Innovation Factory Events|
|CITM & Industry Events|
|Women Entrepreneurship Events|
- This event has passed.
Smart Cities: Making Transportation Accessible and Inclusive
June 21 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
VIRTUAL EVENTREGISTER HERE
Transportation services are rapidly evolving, powered by new technologies and a post-pandemic need for flexibility. Conscientious planning is required to ensure inclusivity for people with limited mobility or mobility challenges, such as expectant and new mothers, and disability issues, such as wheelchair users, stand to benefit alongside the broader community.
In this panel discussion, we explore how connected, intelligent and inclusive transportation can benefit these communities and how safely and securely managed data can help cities become smarter and avoid marginalization.
We’ll also hear about the success of an accessible rideshare pilot for expectant and new mothers. This program has been so well received, providing access to pre and postnatal care, that it has the potential to be tailored to other cities that are experiencing either lowered birth rates or where access to maternal care is at risk.
• Andrew Gregory, Manager, Transit Planning, City of Edmonton
• Igor Samardzic, S+G Urban Partners and former Chair of Advisory Committee on Accessible Transit, Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
• Joel Dembe, Paralympian, public speaker and advocate for accessibility and inclusion
• Jaeson Yoo, Chief Strategy Officer, Autocrypt
• Emma Jarratt, Managing Editor, Electric Autonomy Canada (Moderator)