Our calendar is home to Innovation Factory workshops and networking events as well as events from the community which help support our local entrepreneurs and businesses. If you have an event which may a fit, please submit it and we will review it within five business days.
|Innovation Factory Events|
|Connected/Autonomous Vehicle Related Events|
|Women Entrepreneurship Events|
- This event has passed.
Raising Financing During Turbulent Times – Exploring for Capital in the Public Markets
August 13, 2020 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Join us on thu, August 13th at 11:45AM for the Raising Financing during Turbulent Times – Exploring for capital in the public markets webinar, hosted by AVIN in partnership with BLG.
The second webinar in our series will focus on opportunities for financing in the public capital markets. In speaking with our panel of experts, we will discuss:
- Receptiveness of our capital markets with regard to innovative tech companies and the impact of COVID-19
- Why certain companies are opting to go public (whether it’s before, or instead of, a sale of the company)
- Opportunities for raising financing from public market investors
- Planning required for a successful IPO down the road
• Richard Nathan, Senior Managing Director, Kensington
• Myles Hiscock, Managing Director, Tech Banking, Canaccord Genuity
• Brent Layton, Managing Director and Co-Head of Tech Investment Banking, CIBC
• Manoj Pundit, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP