Our calendar is home to Innovation Factory workshops and networking events as well as events from the community which help support our local entrepreneurs and businesses. If you have an event that may be a fit, please submit it and we will review it within five business days.
|Innovation Factory Events|
|CITM & Industry Events|
|Women Entrepreneurship Events|
- This event has passed.
MaRS EVEREST – Dream Team
February 16 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
February 16th and 17th – 1:00pm to 3:00pm
These sessions are only available to Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) clients. Please contact your Client Service Manager for more information.
In this session, Founders will learn to build a balanced “search and learn” team that is driven by impact and metrics.
In this session of Everest, founders and their partners will be asked, through appreciative inquiry, a set of questions based on statistical success factors of researched startups. The goal is self-awareness. The starting point of any Dream Team is for founders and their partners to understand personal goals and wants, for themselves and for their company. If you are a sole proprietor, then self reflection will be key. If you are a partnership, then along with self reflection, understanding your partner’s motivations against entrepreneurial statistically-backed questions is important to your success. This will provide a future basis, and alignment to help you build your Dream Team.
- February 16, 2021 – 1:00pm-3:00pm
- February 17, 2021 – 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Web camera with video conferencing capability
- Strong internet connection
Video camera must be on when joining the session in order to fully participate.
Who should attend?
The Everest program consists of advanced working sessions where entrepreneurs have the chance to test their assumptions and hypotheses while working through problems within their startups.
- Entrepreneurs with established assumptions and hypotheses that are ready to test scenarios while working through problems within their startups.
- These startups not only have a prototype/ beta or minimum viable product (MVP), but are either solo founders eventually looking for partners, or founders looking to better understand their partner’s motivations. Some level of customer validation is helpful.
- Only available to Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) clients. Please contact your RIC contact for more information.
Please note that to benefit from the peer-to-peer nature of these sessions, all attendees are expected to engage and remain for the full session.
In order to take advantage of Everest, we require participants to give a deposit of $50. This deposit is fully refundable ONLY upon completion of the post-session survey following each session within 5 days of the last session. Given the intimate nature of Everest, and because the success of each session relies on the attendance of ventures, we use the deposit to ensure that ventures will attend when they sign up.
If you are no longer able to attend the session, we require 2 business days’ notice. Please email [email protected] We regret that failure to do so may result in the loss of your deposit.