Our calendar is home to Innovation Factory workshops and networking events as well as events from the community which help support our local entrepreneurs and businesses. If you have an event which may a fit, please submit it and we will review it within five business days.
|Innovation Factory Events|
|Connected/Autonomous Vehicle Related Events|
|Women Entrepreneurship Events|
- This event has passed.
MaRS: Business Model & Customer Discovery
May 25, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This is a business model master class that will explore the 4-stages of customer development and discovery, as well as agile engineering.
- May 25, 2020, 1:00-3:00pm
- May 28, 2020, 1:00-3:00pm
Everest: Business Model & Customer Discovery
The first session of Everest is a business model master class that will explore the 4-stages of customer development and discovery, as well as agile engineering. Founders will develop or revisit their value proposition canvas and learn essential, advanced interview skills.
Who should attend?
- The Everest program consists of advanced working sessions where entrepreneurs have the chance to test their assumptions and hypotheses while working through problems within their startups.
- These startups not only have a prototype/ beta or minimum viable product (MVP), but also have a team, some customer validation, and some traction.
- Please note that to benefit from the peer-to-peer nature of these sessions, all attendees are expected to engage and remain for the full session.
- Note that these sessions are eligible only for clients of Regional Innovation Centres.
In order to take advantage of Everest, we require participants to give a deposit of $100. This deposit is fully refundable ONLY for Regional Innovation Centre Clients, AND upon completion of the post-session survey following each session within 5 days of the last session. Given the intimate nature of Everest, and because the success of each session relies on the attendance of ventures, we use the deposit to ensure that ventures will attend when they sign up. If you are no longer able to attend the session, we require 2 business days’ notice. Please email [email protected] We regret that failure to do so may result in the loss of your deposit.