Our calendar is home to Innovation Factory workshops and networking events as well as events from the community which help support our local entrepreneurs and businesses. If you have an event which may a fit, please submit it and we will review it within five business days.
|Innovation Factory Events|
|Connected/Autonomous Vehicle Related Events|
|Women Entrepreneurship Events|
- This event has passed.
Innovate Niagara: Metrics that Matter
January 19 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
This Everest session will cover innovation accounting methodologies, lean analytics and valuation.
This Everest session will cover how to define KPIs that help founders unlock insights to generate greater traction. Founders will learn to conduct assessments, prepare metrics related to their customers, and use this data to improve customer conversion.
- January 19, 2021, 9:30-11:30am
- January 21, 2021, 9:30-11:30am
- What makes good vs bad metrics?
- Common metric frameworks for startups.
- Metrics that investors care about.
- How to determine what to measure.
- How to choose the metrics that matter.
- Founders need to have an MVP.
- Founders should be prepared to discuss the activities they are measuring today and some of the current metrics they are using.
- Strong internet connection
- Web Camera with video conferencing capabilities
- Online whiteboard tool (Microsoft whiteboard, Miro, Ziteboard). Will be used for group work
- Paper & pen
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneurs with established assumptions and hypotheses that are ready to test scenarios while working through problems within their startups.
- Startups with a prototype/ beta or minimum viable product (MVP), but also have a team, some customer validation, and some traction.
- Only available to Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) clients. Please contact your RIC contact for more information.
Please note that to benefit from the peer-to-peer nature of these sessions, all attendees are expected to engage and remain for the full session. This session uses Peer-to-Peer methodologies based on Aulet’s work at MIT’s Sloan School of Management.
In order to take advantage of Everest, we require participants to give a deposit of $100. This deposit is fully refundable ONLY upon completion of the post-session survey following each session within 5 days of the last session. Given the intimate nature of Everest, and because the success of each session relies on the attendance of ventures, we use the deposit to ensure that ventures will attend when they sign up.
If you are no longer able to attend the session, we require 2 business days’ notice. Please email [email protected] We regret that failure to do so may result in the loss of your deposit.