Our calendar is home to Innovation Factory workshops and networking events as well as events from the community which help support our local entrepreneurs and businesses. If you have an event which may a fit, please submit it and we will review it within five business days.
|Innovation Factory Events|
|Connected/Autonomous Vehicle Related Events|
|Women Entrepreneurship Events|
Finance Fundamentals by MaRS Everest
February 2 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
(Please note you should commit to both session days)
This session is designed to help entrepreneurs understand basic financial concepts and build a forecasting model.
Do you understand the financial metrics of your business? Do you want to be ready for the first follow-up on a funding pursuit and be ready with your financial model? Do you want to be able to speak knowledgeably to your accountant, bank or investors about your company finances? Most importantly do you want to have a plan to ensure that you have the necessary cash available when your business needs it? This session is designed to help entrepreneurs understand basic financial concepts and build a forecasting model to use in running their businesses.
- February 2, 2021, 2:00-4:00pm
- February 4, 2021, 2:00-4:00pm
- Strong internet connection
- Web Camera with video conferencing capabilities
Please ensure that your camera is on when joining the session to fully participate.
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneurs with established assumptions and hypotheses that are ready to test scenarios while working through problems within their startups.
- Startups with a prototype/ beta or minimum viable product (MVP), but also have a team, some customer validation, and some traction.
- Only available to Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) clients. Please contact your RIC contact for more information.
Please note that to benefit from the peer-to-peer nature of these sessions, all attendees are expected to engage and remain for the full session.
In order to take advantage of Everest, we require participants to give a deposit of $100. This deposit is fully refundable ONLY upon completion of the post-session survey following each session within 5 days of the last session. Given the intimate nature of Everest, and because the success of each session relies on the attendance of ventures, we use the deposit to ensure that ventures will attend when they sign up.
If you are no longer able to attend the session, we require 2 business days’ notice. Please email [email protected] We regret that failure to do so may result in the loss of your deposit.