Our calendar is home to Innovation Factory workshops and networking events as well as events from the community which help support our local entrepreneurs and businesses. If you have an event that may be a fit, please submit it and we will review it within five business days.
|Innovation Factory Events|
|CITM & Industry Events|
|Women Entrepreneurship Events|
Free Tools for Taking a Small Business Online by General Assembly
September 24 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The world of retail is changing dramatically. Brands are now going direct to consumer.
In this workshop, we’ll take you step-by-step through setting up your first store on Shopify, the leading e-commerce platform that’s fueling the direct-to-consumer movement. While Shopify has made the process of creating an online store easier than ever, there’s still a ton of tricks and tips to know about optimizing your site to make the most sales.
We’ll walk through every element of the Shopify platform, from design to inventory management to integrating the right apps. You will leave with enough knowledge to open your first store and avoid making unnecessary (and costly) rookie mistakes.
- Know everything you need to know about using Shopify to create your first store
- Understand best practices in store design and know how to make a great-looking website (without knowing how to code)
- Learn how to position your brand and products to inspire your customers to buy
- Know how to set up your inventory and products in your store
- Understand how to write amazing product descriptions
- Know the best apps and other third-party integrations to use to make running your store easier and generate faster sales
- Know how to optimize your site to make faster sales
- Get a checklist that every Shopify owner needs to know BEFORE launching
- See brilliant examples of Shopify stores and tips you can take away