- This event has passed.
MaRS Business Model Course
November 12, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
A 5-week online course is designed to help emerging business leaders create a sustainable business model and develop a framework for validating that model.
What you’ll get:
• Workbook exercises each week
• Total of 40 hours, 8 hours of learning a week, fit around your schedule
• 3 ongoing tests to validate your business model
• Five live, online master classes
• Access to the MaRS BMC community on Slack
• Continued help post-course
• Certificate of Completion
Module one (8 hours + masterclass 1 on Nov 15)
Understand the lean startup method and the importance of mapping out your business model.
Module two (8 hours + masterclass 2 on Nov 22)
Delve into the Business Model Canvas and its different components.
Module three (8 hours + masterclass 3 on Nov 29)
Start testing different areas of your business model.
Module four (8 hours + masterclass 4 on Dec 6)
Gather customer data, and start to pivot and re-test areas.
Module five (8 hours + masterclass 5 on Dec 13)
Tell the story of your business model and learn how to pitch.
What you’ll learn:
• Understand the lean startup method and why the business model canvas is used
• Complete your business model canvas and make adjustments based on feedback
• Conduct over 3 ongoing tests to validate how you keep your business profitable
• Identify areas of your model that require pivoting
• Learn to pitch and tell the story of your business model