HOME | SERVICES | NEWS | CONTACT
Our calendar is home to Innovation Factory workshops and networking events as well as events from the community which help support our local entrepreneurs and businesses. If you have an event that may be a fit, please submit it and we will review it within five business days.
|Innovation Factory Events|
|CITM & Industry Events|
|Women Entrepreneurship Events|
- This event has passed.
Build a Successful Business: Value Prop and Business Model Canvas 101 – Session Two
March 7 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm$10
THIS SESSION IS FOR INNOVATION FACTORY CLIENTS ONLY.
VIRTUAL EVENT | CAD $10
To register, please contact your Innovation Advisor, or Greta Black at [email protected]
Note: You will receive a full refund of $20 (for both sessions) once you participate in the 2nd session. The charge for the sessions is only a deposit.
Attendees are expected to register and commit to attending both sessions.
About this event:
In this 2-part, hands-on workshop you will define the problem statement and your value proposition statement, and build a business model canvas.
To coach you through this process, we follow the teachings of Eric Reis, Alexander Osterwalder and Steve Blank to provide you with a practical understanding of:
– customer discovery
– problem/solution validation techniques
– methods for avoiding bias
– concepts of rapid prototyping and lean product development
– You will walk away from these sessions knowing you have some of the key tools to successfully launch and grow your business.
Session 2 Goal: Identifying insights and getting started with rapid prototyping.
Now, you’ve got your problem figured out but how do you ensure your solution actually addresses it in a way that makes a sustainable business? In this second workshop, we make sure that you’ve thought about the whole business model – product/market fit is great but if you can’t execute sustainably, your business will fail. In the spirit of reducing risk, we delve into rapid prototyping; there are so many ways to test your ideas before you start spending money on your MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
– Finding the gold in customer interviews
– Share insights
– The Business Model Canvas
– Validating through the Business Model Canvas
– MVP: What it is, how to build one and how to incrementally test it/validate it
– Outcome of this process: You will be given the tools that will lead you towards product/market fit and the ability to articulate and validate core elements of your Value Proposition – problem/pain, target user/customer, solution and value proposition.
Session Facilitator: Riley Moynes, Incubator Manager @The Forge Business Incubator