- This event has passed.
Arriving At Your Value Proposition: A Two-Part Exploration of Problem Solution
May 7 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
One event on May 7, 2019 at 1:00pm
A great value prop lowers the risk associated with launching your new business. All new Clients need this workshop!
Facilitators: Riley Moynes, Client Services Manager
Dates: April 16th and May 7th, 2019 from 1-5pm
Mandatory: Participants must attend both sessions.
Part 1: PROBLEM WORKSHOP
Tuesday April 16, 2019 from 1-5 pm
Goal: Prepare you to validate problem with your target market
A great Value Proposition starts with a deep understanding of your customers’ needs and pains.
In this first workshop, we examine the problem you are solving with your product or service. What assumptions have you made and how do you test them?
Discover tools and frameworks to help you interview customers and analyze results.
- Introduction: What is Value Propositon and why you need to know it
- Articulating problem
- Identifying your target market
- Creating a hypothesis around problem
- How to ask for and then conduct customer interviews
- How to identify problem nuances and customer insights
Homework: Between sessions 1 and 2 you will have 3 weeks to conduct (record) and analyze 15 client interviews
Part 2: SOLUTION WORKSHOP
Tuesday May 7th, 2019 from 1-5pm
Goal: Preparation to test value proposition with your target market
Now, you’ve got your problem figured out but how do you ensure your solution actually addresses it in a way that makes a sustainable business? In this second workshop, we articulate an early value prop and look at ways to test it with rapid prototypes and early MVP (Minimum Viable Product).
Discover tools and frameworks to help you find product/market fit.
- Finding the gold in customer interviews
- Identifying use case
- Focusing your solution
- Creating a hypothesis around value proposition
- How to test value proposition with customers
- MVP: What it is, how to build one and how to incrementally test it
- Articulating your value proposition (includes a preview of market sizing)
Homework: Check in with your Advisor re: market size research and the progress of your MVP validation.
Outcome of this process: You will be on the road to achieving product/market fit and able to articulate and validate core elements of your Value Proposition – problem/pain, target user/customer, solution and value proposition.
Light refreshments will be provided.