- This event has passed.
Angel First Look Investor Meeting – Applications Due
June 21, 2019
To fuel business growth and success, the most critical aspect of all is funding – raising money is a major milestone for any startup. The 2019 Angel First Look Investor Meeting connects high-potential startups to investment sources and strategic partners.
Presented by RIC Centre, Angel One and City of Brampton, this signature event provides entrepreneurs with the opportunity to pitch to experienced investors, connect with corporate partners and network with the local innovation community.
As a valued partner, we’re thrilled to extend an invitation to your organization to attend and share this unique opportunity with your highest-potential clients. This year brings on a couple new changes to the event format:
- High potential startups can now “self-nominate” and an approval committee will finalize the exhibiting companies
- Strategic corporate organizations will be invited to tour the tradeshow – one of the fastest ways for startups to go to market is through corporate partnerships (leveraging their established sales channels, proprietary assets and market knowledge)
This invite-only event is, as always, free for your regional innovation centre to participate in. We look forward to working with you on this great event to profile companies to the Angel community!
When: Thursday, Sep 12, 2019
Where: Rose Theatre, 1 Theatre Lane, Brampton, Ontario L6V 0A3
Time: 2:30PM to 10:00PM
Expected Attendance: 125
- May 13 – Applications open
- Jun 21 – Applications close
- Jul 1 – Company selection
- Jul 12 –Companies profile submission
- Aug 27 – Pitch prep workshop
CLIENT APPLICATION DETAILS
- High potential clients that are looking for funding in the next 12 months
- Have raised family and friends (under $100,000) round but not a formal seed round
- Industry sector: software, hardware, IoT, advanced manufacturing & materials, cleantech, ag-tech, life science
- Must be a endorsed by HalTech, Innovate Guelph, Innovate Niagara, Innovation Factory, RIC
A maximum of 20 companies will be selected. Those that align with the sector focus and strategic corporates attendees will have the highest chance of being selected.
Each company will receive:
- One (1) 6’ draped table with two electrical outlets
- Company profile in event booklet
- Opportunity to deliver their elevator pitch and connect with accredited investors
12:00PM – 2:00PM Display table setup
2:30PM – 5:30PM NEW: Strategic Corporates – (More details TBA)
5:30PM – 6:30PM Break
7:00PM – 7:15PM Registration and Networking
7:15PM – 7:30PM Sheridan Student Fast Pitch
7:45PM – 8:00PM Welcoming Remarks – Mayor Patrick Brown, City of Brampton
8:00PM – 8:25PM Company introductions
8:35PM – 10:00PM Investor networking and company displays
10:00PM Event close