Adapting to a new normal
To help everyone adapt to the new normal and assist with business continuity amid the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve put together this page of resources, tips and links. We will do our best to keep this information up to date as the situation evolves.
If you have any comments, concerns or suggestions for additions to this page, please feel free to contact Jennifer Gauvreau, Manager, Marketing & Events at [email protected]
Webinars and events
Access our past webinars and don’t miss our upcoming events!
Government support for businesses
- CERS – Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy
- CERS – Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy Top Up
- CEWS – Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Additional Resources for Managing your Business During Covid 19
A full rundown of federal government supports can be found here.
Below you will find a quick overview:
- Help for small- and medium-sized businesses to hold on to their employees: the federal government is providing a temporary wage subsidy equal to 75%. Businesses can re-hire recently let-go workers and place them on subsidized wages.
- More credit is available to Canadian businesses through the new Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP). You can access the BCAP via BDC or EDC.
- Through the Canada Emergency Business Account, banks will soon offer $40,000 loans, guaranteed by the government and interest-free for the first year, to small businesses. If recipients meet certain conditions, $10,000 will be forgivable. Learn more: https://ceba-cuec.ca/
- More generally, the federal government is providing additional liquidity to Canadian banks. In return, the banks have committed to working with companies to help them get through COVID-19. Talk to your bank if you haven’t already done so.
- In Ontario, the provincial government is helping businesses with cash flow through a number of measures: payment of most provincial taxes is deferred for 5 months without penalty or interest; Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) payments are deferred for 6 months; municipalities will be providing property tax relief; and most businesses are not required to pay the Employer Health Tax.
COVID-19: Business support info and tech community resources
Financial Resources + Information:
- Active Funders in Canada (HockeyStick)
- Advanced Manufacturing Supercluster Launches Funding Program to help scale response to COVID-19 (nGen)
- BDC Supports for Canadian Businesses
- Support for entrepreneurs impacted by the coronavirus COVID-19 (BDC)
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan (GOV)
- Frequently Asked Questions – Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers (GOV)
call for Innovative solutions!
- The Government will launch specific challenges through the Innovative Solutions Canada (ISC) program and will rapidly select the best projects to accelerate development and testing of promising innovations that can have a direct impact on our health care response. The Government of Canada will also use the new ISC Testing Stream to become the first customer of these innovative products.
- Are you a maker? Visit makermilitia.ca
Sign up for updates on innovation factory news and events
Last Updated November 2020