The Digital Experience Specialist will be responsible for a small number of internal projects that Innovation Factory needs to deliver on in the next 12 months. The ideal candidate brings depth in terms of technical experience, coupled with a strong ability to understand the end-user. The Digital Experience Specialist will be required to build and manage integrations that ensure content is logical in the digital products included in the outlined projects. The role will require quick learning of both the cross functional nature of the projects and the external partners’ requirements to ensure success. What does success look like? A seamless digital infrastructure for internal usage and one that exceeds the client or external stakeholder’s online experience.
This is a 1-year contract position that works closely with our Marketing team and CRM subject matter experts, and is expected to work collaboratively with all departments and teams. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Marketing & Events.
Depending on your demonstration of success, there is a possibility of extension beyond the contract term.
Digital Projects — Ownership & Implementation
- Understand requirements, opportunities and priorities of digital project
- Review stakeholder requirements for external projects like InnovateON.ca
- Recommend changes to structure and process when working with external stakeholders
- Improve the user experience of IF-owned digital platforms, optimizing usability and engagement
- Oversight and autonomy of digital project work that will include external project coordination as well as independent design and building
- Identify new projects or features and documenting them for future review and prioritization
- Provide subject matter expertise internally to support the future outlook of digital products and properties
Web App Development & Management
- Assess the digital experience and online programming of Innovation Factory benchmark organizations. Research best digital practices and new web-based programs
- Propose and develop new web-based programs that help build Innovation Factory’s audience and user base and/or contribute to the success of Innovation Factory and its division’s users and stakeholders
- Lead technical and content integration projects
- Monitoring, tracking and benchmarking digital project performance via (web) analytics and other identified KPIs
- Reporting, project documentation and other duties as required
Qualifications & Minimum Requirements
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Technology, Engineering/Computer Science, Web Design & Development
- Demonstrate strong project management skills, including organization and time management
- Proven ability to assess business opportunities quickly and efficiently
- Web Development Experience, comprehensive knowledge of various CMS platforms and cloud-based professional tools/services
- PHP, MySQL is an asset
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to pull data, analyze data and derive insights, recommendation, and test ideas
- Ability to provide guidance and direction
- Energy, enthusiasm, and confidence in one’s abilities
- Willing to work outside the typical 9-5 business hours (when required)
- Exhibit a passion for learning new technologies and tools in the digital space
- Previous experience in the technology sector
- 5 days per week; 37.5 hours per week, regular daytime business hours are between 9 am EST to 5 pm EST.
- Opportunity for a hybrid work model, allowing some remote work
- Some localized travel required
B21-175 Longwood Rd S, Hamilton ON
About Innovation Factory
Innovation Factory (iF) is a non-profit business accelerator, providing entrepreneurs with business services, training, mentorship and strategic connections to help bring disruptive technologies to market, increase revenues, attract investment and create jobs.
Our mission is to be the primary catalyst for technology innovation in the greater Hamilton area with a vision to make Hamilton Canada’s fastest growing innovation community and the first port of call for innovators. We will do this via direct 1-1 support for companies; creating partnerships; and building community. We will create an environment and culture that draws people outside of Hamilton as a place to invest, live, learn, work and start businesses.
The Innovation Factory is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.