- This event has passed.
Manning Innovation Awards 2016 Nominee Recognition Event
April 20, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 6:15 pm
The Ernest C. Manning Awards Foundation has been recognizing and supporting Canadian innovators of all ages since 1982. Canadians who have demonstrated recent innovative talent and successfully marketed their innovations may be eligible for one of four Awards from the $100,000 Principal Award to the $10,000 Innovation Award.
In 2015, SW Ontario Nominee, Matthew Sheridan, of Hamilton ON, was awarded the $25,000 David E. Mitchell Award of Distinction for developing and successfully commercializing the Nix Color Sensor, a handheld device to accurately measure the colour of any object instantly, making colour management easier and more cost – effective for textiles, cosmetics, commercial paints, graphic design and other industries.
Five nominees for the 2016 Manning Innovation Awards from the Southwestern Ontario Chapter will be recognized on April 20:
- Dr. Shaowen Song, System-On-Chip Technologies, Waterloo (System -On-Chip)
- Dr. Ming You, COM DEV, Cambridge (Computer aided design and tuning of filters & multiplexers)
- Matt Rendall, Ryan Gariepy, Bryan Webb, Clearpath Robotics, Kitchener (Husky unmanned ground vehicle)
- Karel Havel, Bramalea (Variable control light emitting diode)
- Dr. Jean Chamberlain, McMaster University, Hamilton (Mother baby friendly hospital initiative)
Come out to hear more about their initiatives and network with the innovation community.